Welcome to Early Foundations NE Calgary Daycare, Child Care, Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten
1. We provide a play-based environment filled with learning activities that incorporate elements of Reggio, Montessori and Emergent Curriculum by focusing on Alberta’s new Child Care Framework Play, Participation and Possibilities
2. Safe: we make zero compromises for safety with a perfect licensing inspection record
3. One of Calgary’s largest playgrounds; 20,000 square feet
4. Expert staff with a caring mindset and a service-based demeanour
Thanks to our team for putting together a commercial rubber safety floor in the playground in June, go team EARLY FOUNDATIONS!
Our Calgary Daycare and Preschool programs develop the child’s physical, emotional, social, cognitive, and creative dimensions
- Daily comprehensive reporting on individual achievement.
- Emergent curriculum forms a part of daily learning.
- Individual attention in a small-class setting.
- A nurturing and healthy environment for every child.
- Opportunities for a child to explore his or her interests.
- Teachers who are role models for every child, every day.
Calgary’s best Daycare, Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten programs together, in one place
Early Foundations provides education in NE Calgary Daycare, NE Preschool and Affordable Child Care Programs in a warm, stimulating and caring environment. The Calgary Preschool program focuses on the development of early literacy, numeracy, cultivation of social skills and preparing children for schooling. We focus on the principles of Early Childhood Education that combine the best practices of Child Care Education and a modified Kindergarten curriculum suitable for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers between the ages of 19 months to 6 years (school age). The Calgary Daycare and Child Care program is offered on a full-time basis for families in the communities of Saddleridge, Falconridge, Castleridge, Martindale, Taradale, Skyview, Redstone, Coral Springs, Whitehorn and more.
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten – Our Holistic Approach to Daycare and Child Care
In keeping with our Mission, our aim is to prepare children for success in schooling and to prepare them for success in future stages of life. There are many important developmental milestones that are measured in our Programs that communicate to parents the progress of their child. For instance, we provide Nipissing District Development Screening and Ages and Stages for children. Each child has an up-to-date report on their NDDS progress that parents can view at any time. We provide culturally-sensitive and age-appropriate feedback to ensure families are kept abreast of the latest methodologies in healthy child development.
In addition, we subscribe to professional journals in areas of international Early Childhood Education research and share best practices at our regular meetings and professional development seminars. We also provide work experience internships to aspiring Early Childhood Educators and work with various colleges across Calgary to provide mentorship. This allows for a greater availability of staff, and frequent staff supervision that exceeds Child Care Licensing’s ratio requirements (staff to child ratio).