Full Day Kindergarten Details
A. Full Day Kindergarten Brochure – One Page Summary
B. Early Foundations Academy Handbook – Kindergarten – Program Details
C. Early Foundations 2017-18 Learning Report – Congratulations to our young learners! All our Preschool Program children met or exceeded provincial Kindergarten Curriculum Benchmarks.
Full day Kindergarten at a glance
|Full day Kindergarten|
|Certified staff & cook||Yes|
|First aid trained||Yes|
|Clear Police background||Yes|
|Timings||7 to 6 PM|
|Education and reports|
|Daily program plans||Yes|
|KG and grade 1 prep||Yes|
|Report cards, teacher support||Yes|
|Library, digital books||Yes|
|Daily outdoor play||Yes|
|Prairie Winds Park visits||Yes|
|Services and standards|
|Fast telephone support||Yes|
|Open door policy||Yes|
|Monthly special events||Yes|
What Parents and Children Gain from our Full-Day Kindergarten Program
- We provide peace of mind by having your child attend the Full Day Kindergarten, 8:15 AM to 3:00 PM, take advantage of extended hours’ option, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Our curriculum aligns with Alberta Education’s Kindergarten Program and incorporates significant elements of Reggio, Montessori with considerable exposure to advanced learning for gifted children
- Daily breakfast with a delicious menu served to all children, with morning and evening snacks
- Regular homework and 3 scheduled report cards a year, parent-teacher interviews and meals
- Uniformed Full-Day Kindergarten to instill a sense of belonging
- We teach Early Literacy (English), Early Numeracy (Mathematics), Science, Technology, Sports, Music, Arts and often provide specialists such as Martial Arts Instructors and Public Speakers
- Children who attended our existing Preschool Program quickly accomplished Kindergarten-level competency as outlined by Alberta Education, and progressed to advanced topics
- Parents expressed a high approval rating of over 95% in two surveys
- Prepare your child for success with significant practice in grade 1 concepts and a significantly more exciting learning challenges for gifted children
Science, Athletics, and Arts: Full-Day Kindergarten Program
We offer a Science, Athletics and Arts-based Full-Day Kindergarten Program on our beautiful, large campus at the Westwinds location. Our program is designed for families who are seeking one of the most well-balanced and robust Kindergarten Program the City of Calgary has to offer.
We do not merely focus on the old method of one-way instruction; children attending our program are excited explorers of the learning adventure. They are athletically minded, have a great ability to focus on completing optional homework and possess a deep appreciation for the arts, music, and drama.
Our Full-Day Kindergarten Program is built from the ground up to develop an entrepreneurial and leadership-based mindset about life. Children who can delay gratification can find happiness in the process of learning and will be some of the happiest people in their communities. Children who are able to remain physically active and have a well-balanced personality will develop the healthy relationships necessary to lead a life of success in our global society.
The Kindergarten Program is the result of over 20 years of experience in catering to the unique needs, visions, and backgrounds of a large variety of parents from all around the world. An area many
parents strongly prefer is the dream to have their child become well-rounded in all areas of life. And we have listened.
The areas of instruction covered in the Kindergarten Program delve into core aspects of a well-balanced personality. Learning numbers, letters and refining the ability to write are just the basics children at Early Foundations do well.
Our sustained focus is to build a well-spoken individual, a child of good habits, a leader who can step up to the challenge, and a reliable follower when required. We provide each child ample opportunity to develop an athletic mindset with daily physical activity. We never ignore a child’s sense of self, and facilitate character strength to complete grade 1 and beyond joyfully and successfully. Expression of self is not only nurtured at our Academy but also encouraged continuously.
We also focus on Character Development, which aims to invite a child to readily become a social, caring, intelligent, conscientious, world-savvy, cultured and athletic individual with a clear idea of a sense of self and respect for others.
Successful graduates of our Full-Day Kindergarten Program will have knowledge of the following areas:
- A love of learning by making reading, writing, mathematics, sciences, and arts a fun-filled activity.
- Developing an outstanding character; a person who loves to contribute to society.
- Creating a love of athletics and physical activity by reinforcing benefits for overall health.
- Being excited about the adventure of learning and developing a learning-based mindset about life.
- Elicit an innate ability to appreciate the aesthetics of arts in all its shapes and forms.
- Learning the skills necessary for future development as a leader and an innovative thinker.